COVID-19 update - Find out how we are responding
 Visit our COVID-19 page

Hospital Enquiries
(09) 625 3400

Fees and Financial Assistance

Once you have had needs assesment completed recommending long term residential care you can apply for financial assistance through a Residential Care Subsidy.

Please be aware that you will be responsible for the cost of your care until the subsidy payments from the Ministry of Health begin.  Once payment is received by Ranfurly from the Ministry of Health a refund will be made that equates to the amount that the Ministry has paid to us for your care.

Residential Care Subsidy

You or your family are responsible for making an application for the residential care subsidy before or upon entering Ranfurly.  In order to qualify you must meet the eligibility criteria for the Residential Care Subsidy set by the Ministry of Health.  The long term residential care subsidy is income and asset tested. In order to qualify for a subsidy your assets must be below the applicable thresholds which are available from WINZ or the General Manager.

Maximum Contribution

You may be required to contribute towards the cost of your care if you do not meet the asset thresholds set for the residential care subsidy at the time you apply.  The most you will be asked to pay is the same as the contract price the District Health Board pays to the provider for rest home level care.  The maximum contribution applies to contracted care services and does not cover any extra or optional services offered by your facility.  Ranfurly does charge an additional Premium Room Rate for some of its rooms .

Residential Care Loan

If your assets are over the applicable threshold the Ministry of Health may advance funds as an interest free loan (e.g. against a home property) and recover the funds from the estate.  Families must make their own loan arrangements to cover the fees until the legal procedures are completed.  

Respite Care/Carer Support

A respite/carer support subsidy providing a contribution towards care is available for those caring for a dependent at home.  A top-up payment is still required from the family.  More information on this is available from the Ministry of Health (0800 281 222).